Is it beginning to look a lot like Christmas, isn’t it? Well, it should, because it’s just around the corner! Today I bring you this healthy & tasty Christmas Granola recipe!
These past few weeks trying to move around Bryant Park in New York, where I work, is turning almost impossible. Nevertheless, I love this time of the year, the lights everywhere, the carols, the smell of hot cider and spices, (Michael Bublé), and preparing special food for our loved ones!
At home, we always have our traditional Christmas lunch, and I don’t get the chance to innovate that much. I think they would go nuts if I changed anything! Therefore I try to play with breakfast and desserts.
Every year I prepare a special breakfast for Christmas morning. It’s always something that I can make in advance, because you know how that morning is, you don’t have a minute to do anything!
This year I’ve done a Christmas granola with all the flavors that remind me if this time of the year; orange, lemon, pecan nuts, cranberries, and ginger!
I will also prepare some homemade vegan yogurts, and I will make delicious Christmas parfaits!
These are also a great idea as a unique detail for friends and family these Holidays. I’ve been giving them to my clients this past week, and it has turn to be a success!
Hope you like it and Happy Holidays Dears! If you cooked this Christmas Granola recipe let us know!
You can also do this tasty recipe!
- 3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almonds raw
- 1/3 cup pecans raw
- 1/2 cups hazelnuts raw
- 1 orange only the zest
- 1 lemon only the zest
- 1 1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice mixture
- 1 inch ginger freshly grated
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil cold-pressed
- 1/3 cup cranberries dried
- Preheat the oven to 356F.
- Chop the nuts slightly if you wish.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk the maple syrup and the coconut oil with the dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Place in a silicone pad over an oven tray in the oven.
- Leave it around 20 min. From there every 10 min, stir it slightly and check if it has an even golden color. When so, take out of the oven stir in the cranberries and let it cool before storing it in a glass jar.