Find our new recipe: Coconut rice!
Today is one of those days that I would love to stay home, have a great warm breakfast next to my sunny (not-so-sunny-today) window, and cook all day while snowing outside. But, instead, I have to go to the office, plans are not going to get done by themselves, aren’t they? For this reason I thought to share with you this coconut rice recipe, perfect during this cold season!
Whenever I have one of these days, not so often, I promise, I try to gift myself with one of my favorite comfy food. So that is why I’ve prepared these marvelous coconut rice for lunch.
I love rice, almost in all of its versions, but the fact that it is cooked in stock and coconut milk makes it so mellow that it is like having a piece of a cloud!
Do you have any favorite comfort food?
If you need more recipe ideas you will enjoy this content. You can find a lot of different recipes and learn all the benefits of each ingredients and how to combine them. Enjoy excellent recipes for breakfast,lunch or dinner. Start your day taking care of yourself choosing a healthy and vegan recipe. Take care of you every single day!
- 1/2 cup brown Basmati rice
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green cardamom pod
- 1 inch ginger peeled and minced ( or 1/2 tablespoon if you are using the ginger powder)
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tbsp lime zest
For the toppings
- 1/2 tbsp lime feshly juiced
- 1/3 cup pistachios roasted
- 1 scallions thinly sliced
- Bring to boil on a small pot the coconut milk and the vegetable stock.
- Rinse the rice thoroughly and place it in a pot over medium heat until dry and slightly golden. It will only take a couple of minutes.
- Add the coconut oil to the rice and stir for another couple of minutes
- Incorporate the spices, salt and the hot mixture of stock and coconut milk.
- Let it simmer covered until the liquid is completely absorbed. It will probably take about half an hour.
- Discard the spices and mix in the lime juice.
- Place in a bowl and top with the lime zest, scallions, and pistachios.