Missing burgers? Don’t panic we have what you are looking for: The vegan Homemade Burger!
Being a vegan doesn’t mean that you can no longer enjoy an excellent-tasting burger. But it does mean that you can now explore your creative side by making a regular burger better and healthier. Well, I took out all of the hard work, and I’m here to give you a great vegan recipe to satisfy that burger craving you may have had. This burger is a 100% excellent-tasting burger without using any animal products. So, take out your pen and paper and get ready to indulge in a lovely vegan homemade burger recipe that you and your friends and family will enjoy.
Chickpeas the superfood
So, I know you’re wondering how we will make a great burger without using meat, and the main component of this burger is chickpeas.
The main reason why I am using chickpeas is that it’s a very versatile bean that can be used in various ways. You can make hummus with it, or you can use it’s for baking, salads, and the list goes on. In this case, we’re going to use it for a burger patty. Not only are chickpeas very versatile, but it also has tons of flavor and nutrition value in it.
One of the nutritional values is that it’s a low glycemic being meaning it digests and absorbs slowly in your body. This is great because this can help to achieve our happy weight. It is also high in protein; this is another reason why I chose chickpeas because it’s basically a protein substitute. I know that at first, it can be shocking to eat a hamburger made with legumes. But I promise you that once you try it, you won’t want anything else!
Let’s do a small recap of what to expect from chickpeas :
- Chickpeas have an impressive nutrition profile
- Help keep satiated for longer
- Rich in healthy and clean protein
- Help to achieve our happy weight
- Support blood sugar control
- It’s fiber content helps digestions processes
- May protect again chronic diseases
- They are very affordable!
If you need something to mix it with, try this bravas recipe!
You can’t have a burger without a side dish, so I also want to let you know about this beautiful sweet potato dish that I have; it will be super easy to prepare. I decided to go with sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes is mainly because sweet potatoes contain less starch than white potatoes. Sweet potatoes have way more healthy vitamins and minerals, including low in calories, vitamin A, C, D, iron, and much more. Not to mention that they taste great and are sweet (hints at the name)!
Next time you are trying to figure out what to eat for dinner, you should give this delicious vegan homemade burger a try. If you are not a vegan and try this burger, you may never want to return to eating meat again when you eat this burger instead of feeling heavy and tired. This burger will have you full of energy primarily because of all of the all-natural ingredients that we are using. So, throw away any other Vegan burger recipe you may have had and add this one to your menu.
- Food procesor
- 2 cups chickpeas drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion small, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper grounded
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil for cooking
- Place all the ingredients except for the EVOO in the food processor and grind until the mixture begins to hold together.
- take a handful of the mixture and form a ball. If the mixture holds together it's ready to continue. If it doesn't continue to grind and/or add more chickpeas to the mixture.
- When ready, heat a medium skillet over high heat. When hot add the EVOO until you coat the base of the pan.
- With the dough, form patties of 1/4 inch thick.
- Gently add the patties to the skillet, and cook until golden on both sides.
- Serve with some high-quality bread or a salad. Enjoy!