The recipe that will nourish your cells and your taste buds! Easy and delicious; Simple Chili
Bored of traditional bean-based recipes? Well, here’s something different you can try out. Today, I’ll be sharing the easiest chili recipe – and I’m sure this Easy Chili recipe will come in as a breather amongst all the boring bean recipes you’ve had until now!
The key ingredients of this easy vegan chili are pinto beans and black beans. We don’t really use these beans a lot in our regular cooking, which is also one reason why I chose these two bean types for the Easy Chili recipe. This will be a good enough reason for you to pull out the containers of these two beans and put them to good use.
The health benefits these beans offer are another reason to consume them regularly. Irrespective of their type, beans are great sources of plant-based protein. So if you are going vegan, beans are your best friends. Including lots of beans in your diet will suffice your daily protein intake requirement without needing to consume meat.
Beans are also rich in fiber and work wonders for the health of your gut. If you are worried about constant digestive issues (bloating, constipation, or any other ailments), it’s time to stop worrying and include generous quantities of different bean types in your meals. The fiber also contributes to maintaining the functioning of your arteries, thus keeping you safe from heart ailments.
The humble bean family is also rich in antioxidants known as ‘polyphenols’. Antioxidants are very important in your body as they protect your cells from oxidative damage. These antioxidants counter free radicals, which in turn also contributes to regulating the metabolism of your body.
People who consume beans regularly are less likely to face any heart ailments. Replacing higher fat animal meat with beans cuts down your cardiovascular risk. Align with heart ailments, beans are excellent sources to protect your body from lifestyle ailments, such as diabetes and cancer. Beans help stabilize your blood sugar levels and even prevent diabetes altogether.
Beans have loads of anti-inflammatory properties, with black beans having the highest antioxidant activity. If you have been diagnosed with a fatty liver, it is time to include beans in your diet. Weight loss is essential in the case of fatty liver. Beans are foods that help you stay full for a longer time, helping you knock off those extra kilos too. Even otherwise, if you are looking to lose a little weight, beans are wonderful to help control appetite.
Despite the numerous benefits they offer, beans (particularly black and pinto beans) are underutilized when it comes to cooking. It’s time to actually head to the supermarket and buy generous quantities of different beans and includes them regularly in your meals. Unless you are allergic to beans, it’s safe to consume them often. If you liked this recipe try also this one.
Let’s dive straight into the healthy plant-based chili recipe!
Pair this delicious recipe with a refreshing Anti-Inflammatory Mimosa!
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 30 oz pinto beans from can, cooked
- 15 oz black beans from can, cooked
- 2 cups vegetable broth I like using Pacific Foods
- Cashew sour cream
- Place a big pot over medium heat, when heated add and the chopped onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery, and salt. Stir to combine and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender and the onion is translucent, can take up to 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices. Cook until fragrant while stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes with the juices, the drained black beans and pinto beans, and vegetable broth. Stir to combine and let the mixture come to a simmer. Continue cooking, for 30 minutes with a simmer.
- Transfer 1 ½ cups of the chili to a blender, making sure to get some of the liquid. Securely fasten the lid and blend until smooth (watch out for hot steam), then pour the blended mixture back into the pot.
- Divide the mixture into individual bowls and serve with garnishes of your choice. and enjoy!