Hi Loves! Lookin for a plant-based noodles recipe?
Seasonal food produce has its own charm. And when the season is autumn, you’re in for a riot of colors! The markets are full of colorful fruits and vegetables – and I cannot help but come up with amazing recipes to incorporate all the vibrancy out there in my platters! After all, with so many amazing ingredients available, it is just the right season to experiment with some healthy, easy dinner recipes for your family!
If you’re running short of healthy, easy dinner recipe ideas, I have this wonderful healthy and easy dinner plant-based noodles recipe, which I’d love to share with you – the super healthy, tasty, and colorful – Fall Colours Veggie Noodles!
Just a little tip before we begin – don’t let the recipe restrict you to using the ingredients mentioned in it. You can go ahead and add in anything you love from the fall-produce and the noodles will taste just as amazing!
So, here we go, with the ingredients of this healthy, easy dinner recipe for beginners:
Commonly known as ‘purple cabbage’, the red cabbage is just the perfect metaphor for Fall – bright, fresh with a crunch! It is an amazing ingredient that you can add to a number of fall-based recipes, and goes particularly well with the Fall Colours Veggie Noodles.
Red Cabbage is a powerhouse of antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds, such as flavonoids. It has 4.5 times higher antioxidants than its green counterpart – the green cabbage. It is loaded with sulforaphane, a remarkable element that has cancer-fighting properties. It is also packed with a whole lot of incredible benefits! The red cabbage is a lot more than just a colourful ingredient in the Fall Colours Veggie Noodles.
A chunk of this bright root to your food is always welcome! And that’s precisely why I’m using this as an ingredient in the Fall Colours Veggie Noodles. Consuming carrot (raw or cooked) refuels the vitamin A levels in the body, boosting the health of our eyes! And considering our ever-increasing screen time, it’s high time you start thinking about your eye health. 😉
This fiber-rich root is healthy for the gut too. Carrots fight cholesterol, leaving space for only good cholesterol in our body. Power-packed with potassium, munching on carrots, or including it in healthy recipes will soothe the mind by enhancing blood circulation in the body!
Ginger is another key ingredient of the Fall Colours Veggie Noodles, and yes, I’ve added it in the recipe simply because it is amazing in so many ways! You can easily spice up your healthy recipes with this root. I like using it fresh, dried, powdered, or even as an oil! Ginger has a pungent taste that can spice up your recipes!
Ginger also has excellent properties that control blood sugar levels and cut down your risk of falling prey to heart ailments. It also has incredible cancer-fighting compounds. With so many properties, I’m sure you will now look for ways and means to add it to your healthy recipes!
Apart from these three key ingredients, you can add your favorite veggies, herbs, and spices to the Fall Colours Veggie Noodles and customize them as per your taste. And yes, here’s the recipe I was talking about all this while! Do give it a try and I’m hoping you will love it just as much as I do!
- 8 oz soba noodles or spaghetti noodles of choice
- 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 ½ cups red cabbage thinly sliced
- 3 whole carrots peeled and then sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 whole red bell pepper sliced into very thin strips
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 cups edamame steamed and shelled
- Cook the soba noodles according to the package directions. Once cooked, drain them in a colander and rinse them well under cool water. Transfer them to a large serving bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, toast the sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring often to avoid getting them burned. Once they’re fragrant and turning golden, transfer them to a small bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the tamari, sesame oil, lime juice, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Whisk until blended. Set aside.
- Place a large pan over medium heat; when heated, add a bit of EVOO, and stir fry the veggies. Start with the green onions, and after a couple of minutes, add the rest; cabbage, carrots, and bell pepper. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes. The veggies should be slightly cook and crunchy.
- Add the cooked veggies to the bowl with the noodles, add the cilantro, the edamame if using, and drizzle the dressing to assemble
- Finally, add the sesame seeds, and use tongs to toss until the mixture is fully combined.
- Serve immediately, & Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, try out other delicious Asian Main dishes as these ones!
Enjoying the content? Don’t miss a thing! If you’re into the occasional email from me, sign up here. I promise I won’t spam you!