We’ve been talking lately about the importance of keeping sugar at bay! If you missed it, click here!
That’s why I wanted to reshare with you one of my favorite recipes to keep my energy levels stable and avoid the sugar spike! But Today I bring you this tasty recipe, the energetic cookies!
– In a previous post, I talked about the importance of getting the right nutrients after working out to recover as soon as possible.
But, it is also essential to prepare for the workout.
The most important factor for a pre-workout snack is digestibility. A large amount of food or a heavy one will be a burden on your body’s energy as it will be needed for digestion.
Depending on the type of exercise that you are going to be doing the necessities of protein, fats, and carbohydrates, and its ratios will also vary. In a future post, I will extend this topic, but for now, I only want to share a delicious recipe with you!
These fantastic cookies are great to have handy if you are going to run to the gym after work or at lunchtime. Or you can do as I do and have them around while working as a quick snack to give some extra energy to the brain!
And where is the mystery in these goodies?
Well, the dates are a good source of glucose, a simple carbohydrate that will go straight to the liver for immediate energy. They are great combined with hazelnuts and almonds, as they will release long-lasting energy after that the effect of the date has gone.
The chia will make you feel full longer so that you won’t feel hungry during the routine. And, the hemp seeds add a small dose of healthy, clean protein to the equation.
I hope you like them and that they take your routine to the next level! Let me know how it goes! Try this tasty recipe of energetic cookies.
- 1 cup hazelnuts raw
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 cup whole grain flour that you like. I typically use buckwheat flour, oat or spelt.
- 1/4 cup yacon syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbs hemps seeds
- 3 tbsp cacao raw, powdered
- 2 tbsp coconut oil cold-pressed, liquid
- 1 pinch Pink Himalayan Salt
- Preheat the oven to 356F.
- Process the hazelnuts until they turn into flour.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients. Using a food processor usually helps throughout this process.
- With a tablespoon, get part of the dough and roll it into a ball with your hands. Then press it slightly flat to get the cookie shape.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough
- Place all the cookies in a silicone baking mat in the oven and let them bake for around 15 minutes.
- Check and see if they already have a cookie consistency; if not, leave them for another 5 minutes.
- Let them cool before enjoying them.
Enjoying the content? If you’re into the occasional email from me, sign up here. Be the first to know about new posts, workshops, and get access to exclusive content!
I promise I won’t spam you!
Oh! And don’t miss the latest SCK news: Sanza’s personal curated weekly menu send directly to your inbox with the prepared shopping list! Sign in now!