You know what is it that I like the most about eating vegetables? The explosion of flavors they provide from the instant you put it in your mouth. Today I bring a new delicious recipe: Glazed Carrots!
For me, everything starts when cooking. The smells of the different ingredients anticipate the pleasure of their delight. And the colors, so intrinsically linked to the plant world thanks to the antioxidants, just turns it into a joyful process.
This simple plate boosts that bombshell thanks to the game of contrasts that takes place in your mouth. The combination of the sweet carrots with the acid lemon makes this dish a surprising bite you cannot miss!
Moreover, it is excellent as a side or with some whole grain pasta for a main dish.
As the great Chef, Jose Andres Puerta says
“Simple ingredients prepared in a simple way – that’s the best way to take your everyday cooking to a higher level.“
Hope you like this new recipe: Glazed Carrots!
At SCK we want to help all of you to lead a more sustainable lifestyle in all areas. We believe that it is important to be aware of what we eat, carry and do affects our planet. If you are looking to improve your lifestyle and achieve a style that is not only healthy but also sustainable, you are in the right place! Together we will learn incredible healthy recipes, fashion brands focused on slow fashion and endless tips and tricks for our day to day. Dive in and start a new healthy and sustainable lifestyle!
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1.5 lbs mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp majoram fresh, chopped
- 1 pinch Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 pinch black pepper freshly grounded
- Put a large pan over medium heat, and add the oil when hot. Then place the onion and cook over low heat occasionally stirring for 5 minutes.
- Set the carrots and mushrooms and increase the heat to high. Cook for a few more minutes. Continue to stir every couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the stock in a pan.
- Season the mushrooms mixture with salt and pepper, lower the heat and pour the stock. Low the heat and let it simmer until tender.
- Mix in the fresh herbs and reserve. Better if you let it sit for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Serve with basmati rice or some Farfalle and enjoy!