How is your pantry looking? Mine is skinnier by the day! I am going nuts trying to create different dishes every day that are both delicious and nutritional. For this reason, today I came with this amazin Green Bowl recipe. You will fal in love with it!
Yesterday I found some fresh basil leaves, and I came up with this delicious combination which is both tasty and healthy. This bowl recipe is perfect if you don’t have enought time to cook and you feel really hungry. As you know we really like to share with all of you easy and simple recipes to save time for other staff.
Did you know that Cooked tomatoes with the peel on, along with EVOO is considered a Synergy Superfood?
Ninety-eight percent of the powerful phytochemicals in tomatoes is found in the tomato skin. Absorption of these key nutrients is much higher when the tomatoes are cooked and when you eat some healthy fat (like EVOO) along with them.
Therefore it’s a win-win, absolutely delicious, and stunningly healthy! Try this new Green bowl recipe and tell us how it goes!
If you are still looking for more synergic recipes, check out this fantastic Namaste Lentil Soup!
- 4 1/2 cup green beans trimmed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 5 tomatoes seeded, and chopped
- 6 kalamata olived pitted
- 6 basil leaves fresh, chopped
- Steam the beans for 10 min and put in a bowl in cold water with ice to stop the cooking immediately.
- Meanwhile, health a large pan and add the oil when heated. Add the onion and the garlic, and cook over low heat occasionally stirring for 5 minutes.
- Drain the beans, and add to the pan, mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and discard the garlic if you want to.
- Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the olives and basil, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.