The perfect Spring pasta with the season produce; Lemony Artichoke Pasta!
Hi Friend!n Let’s try anew spring recipe: Lemony Artichoke Pasta
This week we’re finally kicking-off spring! And yet, all the fruits and vegetables we’ve been talking about this month will be in our local markets.
And is there a better way of starting this first weekend of spring than with a delicious pasta dish loaded with some of the season’s star products?
You know how much I like to use the fresh products of the season. In my opinion, consuming the fruits and vegetables corresponding to the time of year we are in is not only more ecological than consuming them in other seasons. But it is also suitable for our health, the home economy, and they are loaded with flavor!
As we have already commented in other articles, seasonal natural foods provide flavors, aromas, and textures in accordance with the climate we have. For example, almost everyone likes enjoying juicy papaya, but when the temperature does not rise above zero, maybe we fancy more creamy applesauce with a dash of cinnamon, right?
Also, buying in-season makes it easier to bet on locally produced food, for which less energy is wasted. Transportation, distribution, and storage leave their ecological footprint on the planet. The shorter it takes from the field to our dish, the better.
By respecting the natural cycles of plants for sowing, growing, and harvesting, crop rotation can be encouraged, and the soil is less depleted.
That said, let’s see what benefits the artichoke, one of the jewels of the spring season brings us.
Detox with this new recipe Lemony Artichoke Pasta
Perhaps the best-known quality of this spring vegetable is its detox capacity. Thanks to which, together with its diuretic effect, promotes weight loss. This detox and diuretic effect makes the artichoke perfect to avoid fluid retention.
Good for the liver
Among other properties of the artichoke, its ability to regulate the formation and release of bile stands out. It exerts regulatory action on the kidney, favors the elimination of water and waste substances. For this reason, it can be indicated to help with functional and organic diseases of the liver, gallbladder, and bile ducts.
Helps get rid of that stubborn fat.
It favors the digestion of fats and the elimination of toxins from our bodies. It is a very suitable vegetable in weight-loss diets since it helps to lose volume and its caloric content is relatively low.
Like all vegetables, the artichoke is rich in fiber, so its consumption provides a feeling of satiety, which helps us avoid snacking between meals.
That said, let’s see how we can prepare a delicious spring pasta dish with lemon artichokes!
- 4 oz Legume based pasta per person
- 3 artichokes per person, cleaned, and diced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 1 can white beans
- 1 pinch Pink Himlayan Salt to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper freshly grounded, to taste
- 1 pinch basil minced, to plate
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat. When heated add half the olive oil and add the garlic. Gently sauteé for 30 seconds until fragrant. Then add the prepared artichoke hearts to the pan. Saute until heated through and browned on the outside.
- Next add the salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the artichoke mixture to the pot of pasta. Add the lemon juice, the remaining olive oil, the white beans, and the basil. Toss well to combine and serve.
- Enjoy hot!