The ultimate Fall plant based healthy treat; vegan Pumpkin Spice Scones recipe!
Looking for the ultimate Fall sweet recipe? How about some vegan Pumpkin Spice scones recipe?
Everyone that knows me knows that I am all about seasonals! I particularly love Fall with all the different types of produce, species, and the infinite combinations you can do with them! And especially this recipe is one of my favorites!
That’s why I want to reshare it with you, just in case you missed it last year! They are really easy to do; it will only take you about 30 min, who good is that?
During fall pumpkins are one of my favorite ingredients. Not only because they are delicious and you can do very different things with them, but also because of its benefits!
Fiber keeps you energized
One cup of canned pumpkin has about 7 grams of fiber (about 20% of the recommended daily amount), whereas kale has a little less than 3 grams. While both have a place on your plates, the fiber content of pumpkin will fill you up, help stabilize blood sugar and keep your energy up throughout the day.
The minerals help your heart
Pumpkin is loaded with blood pressure-regulating minerals like potassium, magnesium, and iron. They’re necessary for providing oxygen to red blood cells. Surprisingly, one cup of pumpkin packs 14% of your daily value for potassium, whereas one banana has 12%.
The antioxidants boost immunity
Pumpkin is packed with beta-carotene, the precursor to vitamin A, an important antioxidant for visual acuity and skin integrity, as well as vitamins C and E, also important antioxidants for repairing your body’s cells from damage. Diets rich in antioxidants and potassium are also linked to helping reduce your risk of cancer and heart disease.
I love having these goodies for breakfast or as an afternoon snack every once in a while!
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do! And if you want to go the extra mile with the seasonal flavours, don’t forget to add Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice mixture I like using the one form Trader Joe´s
- 1/3 cup coconut oil cold-pressed solid
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond milk or any other non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered coconut sugar
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- With a pastry cutter or fork, incorporate the coconut oil into the dry mixture until thoroughly combined.Tip: I usually grate the solid oil to help the small oil pieces merge into the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, blend the wet ingredients.
- Combine the contents of the two bowls and mix.
- In a flour sprinkled surface, knead the dough a couple of times. But not too much as we don’t want the texture to be too smooth.
- Roll out the dough until it is 1 inch thick.
- With the help of a cookie cutter or knife, cut out 8 even triangles.
- Place the triangles on a reusable baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until slightly golden.Tip: Check the out after 15-20 minutes just in case your over is more potent than mine!
- In the meanwhile, make the glaze by whisking together the ingredients.Once the scones have cooled down, this could take about 15 min and drizzle the scones’ glaze.
Looking for more Fall ideas? Check this delicious and easy Mild Salad!